This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Step by Step for those of us who are slow!

Apr 2, 2015 at 3:46 AM
I love your project. I have been able to get your sample project working with my storage account creds.

Now I have created a new mvc project and am having trouble tweeking it just right.

Could you post a step by step on how to remove EF and add your great tablestorage libs. I am sure there are 7 things or so that must happen before it will work on a "new mvc" project with individual identity enabled.

Thanks for your table storage solution that frees us from the expensive ties to Azure Sql.

Terrence
Apr 3, 2015 at 3:42 AM
Apr 3, 2015 at 4:22 AM
Davy, thanks a bunch. I really appreciate your great work. I love using table storage and your project has enabled me to use it in my next website IOT project.

Terrence

Sent from Surface

Apr 30, 2015 at 7:41 PM
Hi
I Also seem to be a slow learner. I have created an Asp.net mvc project with authentication support and modified the files as directed. I created my tables in azure storage manually.

I edited the two files and did updates to all of the NuGets

I modified the web.conf as follows
<configuration>
<configSections>
<section name="elcaminoIdentityConfiguration" type="ElCamino.AspNet.Identity.AzureTable.Configuration.IdentityConfigurationSection,ElCamino.AspNet.Identity.AzureTable " />
</configSections>
<!--<elcaminoIdentityConfiguration tablePrefix="" storageConnectionString="UseDevelopmentStorage=true" /> --> <elcaminoIdentityConfiguration locationMode="PrimaryOnly" tablePrefix="" value="DefaultEndpointsProtocol=https;AccountName= MyName;AccountKey= MYKEY...endMyKey==" />

<appSettings>
I also commented out the <entityFramework> section at the end.

When I build I get :\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\12.0\bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1698,5): warning MSB3247: Found conflicts between different versions of the same dependent assembly. In Visual Studio, double-click this warning

When I run I get

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Owin, Version=2.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Owin, Version=2.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Source Error:
Line 64: // ClientSecret = ""
Line 65: //});
Line 66: }
Line 67: }
Line 68: }

Source File: c:\Users\dev4\Azure15\OC_Sched_Web\OC_Sched_Web\App_Start\Startup.Auth.cs Line: 66

I am lost as to how to fix this one Could it have something to do with removing all of the enityFramework reference. When I try to remove the nuGet package
It remains listed in the installed package list.
Bill
May 6, 2015 at 2:14 AM
Edited May 6, 2015 at 2:41 AM
Bill, sorry I could not get back with you. I hope you have it working by now, if not here are some ideas.

Everything look the same as my config.

I would let the framework create the tables in Azure, that is another variable you have introduced that should not be necessary.

I have removed my EF references and they are still in my packages.config, so that shouldn't be an issue.

What project type and version of VS are you using? I am using VS 2015 Preview .NET 4.5

Maybe you should remove the references and then add them back in. There seems to be a conflict with Owin.
May 7, 2015 at 12:30 AM
Thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately I only get a days a month (at most) to work on trying to set up my current desktop service component and I am way over budget for now. I may get back to this again mid summer.
I noticed that tables are still in a Alpha phase in any case and I really need something that I know will be stable and supported. After trying your table approach tried most using 3rd party authentication with the new asp azure api form. It failed for Microsoft authentication! and when I tried to add mods (demo suggested mods).

I am just surprised that there is working "how to for adding authentication to an azure "web site app" or more important a cloud api . Try them sometime, something always breaks. I have been programming since 1973 and specialize in extremely efficient back-end optimization algorithms in C++. I have no desire to master the complexity of web interface coding. But it does not make sense to create my cloud back end code until I know i have a way to keep track of who is using the service.

So I check in every few months hoping that a demo or walk through will pop up. Good luck with your table project

Bill

On 5/5/2015 6:15 PM, Terrence77 wrote:

Bill, sorry I could not get back with you. I hope you have it working by now, if not here are some ideas.

Everything look the same as my config.

It seams that you have uncommented the following lines in Startup.auth.cs:

I would comment them back out first to get this working. Mine are commented out and it works.

Also, I would let the framework create the tables in Azure, that is another variable you have introduced that should not be necessary.
            // Uncomment the following lines to enable logging in with third party login providers
            //app.UseMicrosoftAccountAuthentication(
            //    clientId: "",
            //    clientSecret: "");

//app.UseTwitterAuthentication(
            //   consumerKey: "",
            //   consumerSecret: "");

//app.UseFacebookAuthentication(
            //   appId: "",
            //   appSecret: "");

//app.UseGoogleAuthentication(new GoogleOAuth2AuthenticationOptions()
            //{
            //    ClientId = "",
            //    ClientSecret = ""
            //});

May 7, 2015 at 3:55 PM
@wafisher

There is a complete MVC project available for download with the latest stable release here: http://identityazuretable.codeplex.com/releases/view/612703 . Follow the sample Mvc download and either install the Azure emulator or point to an Azure storage account. There is a walkthrough of the sample Mvc project here: https://identityazuretable.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Sample%20Mvc&referringTitle=Documentation.
Also, the current release is very stable and have heard back from several consumers of this project being used in production. The 2.x.x.x branch is in alpha development right now and will be very unstable until ASP.NET 5 ships. The Main branch is very stable, tried and true, and 100% code coverage provided by the unit tests. I always verify 100% test pass before a release. As far as support is concerned, I do the best I can with the time that I have away from my day job :) I tried to provide as much guidance through a sample application and documentation up front for a good reference. Any suggestions to improve that are welcome.
I will be inclined to agree with @Terrence77 that there is some conflict with the Owin reference. This project does not take a reference to that particular package so it is likely an issue in the your web project setup.
Hopefully this will get you going.
Thanks,
Dave

wafisher wrote:
Thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately I only get a days a month (at most) to work on trying to set up my current desktop service component and I am way over budget for now. I may get back to this again mid summer. I noticed that tables are still in a Alpha phase in any case and I really need something that I know will be stable and supported. After trying your table approach tried most using 3rd party authentication with the new asp azure api form. It failed for Microsoft authentication! and when I tried to add mods (demo suggested mods). I am just surprised that there is working "how to for adding authentication to an azure "web site app" or more important a cloud api . Try them sometime, something always breaks. I have been programming since 1973 and specialize in extremely efficient back-end optimization algorithms in C++. I have no desire to master the complexity of web interface coding. But it does not make sense to create my cloud back end code until I know i have a way to keep track of who is using the service. So I check in every few months hoping that a demo or walk through will pop up. Good luck with your table project Bill On 5/5/2015 6:15 PM, Terrence77 wrote: From: Terrence77 Bill, sorry I could not get back with you. I hope you have it working by now, if not here are some ideas. Everything look the same as my config. It seams that you have uncommented the following lines in Startup.auth.cs: I would comment them back out first to get this working. Mine are commented out and it works. Also, I would let the framework create the tables in Azure, that is another variable you have introduced that should not be necessary. // Uncomment the following lines to enable logging in with third party login providers //app.UseMicrosoftAccountAuthentication( // clientId: "", // clientSecret: ""); //app.UseTwitterAuthentication( // consumerKey: "", // consumerSecret: ""); //app.UseFacebookAuthentication( // appId: "", // appSecret: ""); //app.UseGoogleAuthentication(new GoogleOAuth2AuthenticationOptions() //{ // ClientId = "", // ClientSecret = "" //});
May 7, 2015 at 4:08 PM
Thanks for the update!
I will try to find`some time to check it out in the next week if possible.
Bill

On 5/7/2015 7:55 AM, dotnetdavy wrote:

@wafisher

There is a complete MVC project available for download with the latest stable release here: http://identityazuretable.codeplex.com/releases/view/612703 . Follow the sample Mvc download and either install the Azure emulator or point to an Azure storage account. There is a walkthrough of the sample Mvc project here: https://identityazuretable.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Sample%20Mvc&referringTitle=Documentation.
Also, the current release is very stable and have heard back from several consumers of this project being used in production. The 2.x.x.x branch is in alpha development right now and will be very unstable until ASP.NET 5 ships. The Main branch is very stable, tried and true, and 100% code coverage provided by the unit tests. I always verify 100% test pass before a release. As far as support is concerned, I do the best I can with the time that I have away from my day job :) I tried to provide as much guidance through a sample application and documentation up front for a good reference. Any suggestions to improve that are welcome.
I will be inclined to agree with @Terrence77 that there is some conflict with the Owin reference. This project does not take a reference to that particular package so it is likely an issue in the your web project setup.
Hopefully this will get you going.
Thanks,
Dave

wafisher wrote:
Thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately I only get a days a month (at most) to work on trying to set up my current desktop service component and I am way over budget for now. I may get back to this again mid summer. I noticed that tables are still in a Alpha phase in any case and I really need something that I know will be stable and supported. After trying your table approach tried most using 3rd party authentication with the new asp azure api form. It failed for Microsoft authentication! and when I tried to add mods (demo suggested mods). I am just surprised that there is working "how to for adding authentication to an azure "web site app" or more important a cloud api . Try them sometime, something always breaks. I have been programming since 1973 and specialize in extremely efficient back-end optimization algorithms in C++. I have no desire to master the complexity of web interface coding. But it does not make sense to create my cloud back end code until I know i have a way to keep track of who is using the service. So I check in every few months hoping that a demo or walk through will pop up. Good luck with your table project Bill On 5/5/2015 6:15 PM, Terrence77 wrote: From: Terrence77 Bill, sorry I could not get back with you. I hope you have it working by now, if not here are some ideas. Everything look the same as my config. It seams that you have uncommented the following lines in Startup.auth.cs: I would comment them back out first to get this working. Mine are commented out and it works. Also, I would let the framework create the tables in Azure, that is another variable you have introduced that should not be necessary. // Uncomment the following lines to enable logging in with third party login providers //app.UseMicrosoftAccountAuthentication( // clientId: "", // clientSecret: ""); //app.UseTwitterAuthentication( // consumerKey: "", // consumerSecret: ""); //app.UseFacebookAuthentication( // appId: "", // appSecret: ""); //app.UseGoogleAuthentication(new GoogleOAuth2AuthenticationOptions() //{ // ClientId = "", // ClientSecret = "" //});

Sep 6, 2016 at 5:28 PM
Please open a new issue on github for follow up https://github.com/dlmelendez/identityazuretable/issues
Marked as answer by dotnetdavy on 9/6/2016 at 9:28 AM